The role holder will be responsible for the functional management of the developers in their team, and for contributing to the technical strategy, development and execution of the technical roadmap and technical stack. You will articulate business context and cascade the strategy to the team. He/she will provide technical leadership and coaching for the developers and enable the delivery of complex projects within the business.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering; A Masters degree is a plus;
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrable working experience in Java; 1+ years of work experience as a Tech Lead;
- At least 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs;
- Demonstrable experience processing, storing, and managing real-time data of large volume is a big plus;
- Strong design and architecture skills;
- Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms;
- Strong work-experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL;
- Strong knowledge in DevOps, CI/CD, Docker containers;
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies;
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time;
- Good working understanding of a Java based stack.
- Technical Competence;
- Stakeholder management;
- Strategic Orientation;
- Strong Problem Solving Skills;
- Great communication skills;
- Project Management;
- People Management & Development.
- Strategic execution: Proactively contribute to design and implementation of technology strategies, development of the technology roadmap, provide technical guidance and mentoring as well as technical leadership in development practices.
- Technical Leadership: Becoming the go-to expert on products to which you are assigned. Guide the learning of new products quickly and effectively when given access to user and developer documentation, knowledge base articles, source code, and infrastructure. Champion the resolution of complex technical issues; contribute to continuous improvement and the adoption of best practices particularly in Agile practices.
- Technical Excellence: Understand and interpret customer requests to suggest the best solution available and take responsibility for implementing the solution. Coordinates the identification, reporting and resolution of any bottlenecks or issues related to the projects & members they are managing/working with. Own and shape our best practices & processes and improve/optimize them to ensure they are up to standards.
- Project Management: Lead in designing, documenting, and sharing/discussing the project architecture with the team. Own the technical implementation of the project they are handling and ensure that projects are on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks are communicated to the management. Ensure a strong focus on Code Quality through conducting project code reviews on a frequent basis and integrating the needed optimizations and changes.
- People Management & Development: Engage with all team members every stage in the problem/solution lifecycle to ensure all goals are met. Ensure best development practices are being followed by the dev team and report any findings or red flags. Guide the preparation and review of the technical documentation projects. Mentor & Coach Junior team members and their project colleagues; recruit & interview members for your team. Manage the team’s task queue and deadlines in collaboration with your team’s Product Owner.
- Project management, Technical support, Database query languages (SQL, others), Team leadership, Customer support, CRM systems
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 6th September 2022, Quoting the Role as the Subject of the email application.